What is Naturopathy
Naturopathy is a distinct system of traditional medicine that is based on the principle that your body has the power to heal itself given the right environment to do so (Vis Medicatrix Naturae).
The wholistic approach of Naturopathy believes that the mind, emotions and physical body all must be considered and treated to obtain optimum health and wellbeing. The emphasis in natural medicine is on prevention and the self healing process through the employment of foods, herbal medicines, homoeopathy, nutritional supplements, exercise and lifestyle changes.
Naturopathy is based on the following principles and are the basic building blocks for all treatments.
- First Do No Harm – primum non nocere
- The Healing Power of Nature – vis medicatrix naturae
- Discover and Treat the Cause, Not Just the Effect (symptom) – tolle causam
- Treat the Whole Person – tolle totum
- The Practitioner is a Teacher – docere
- Prevention is the best “cure” – praevenire
What is Sports Nutrition
Sports nutrition takes the basic principles of healthy eating and applies it to bodies in motion.
The latest scientific research is combined with the use of tried and tested principles of sports nutrition to create an optimum diet and nutrition plan for a specific sport or exercise goals.
It doesn’t matter if you are trying to run your first half marathon or are about to qualify for the world championships, sports nutrition is important for every ‘athlete’ and there is always something new to learn.
Areas covered in sports nutrition:
- General diet and eating patterns
- Sport specific needs
- Timing of nutritional intake
- Weight loss or gain goals
- Race day nutrition plans
- Immune system support
- Energy and fatigue issues