Did you know that most sports nutrition studies are done on men only? It’s true. Which means understanding nutrition for active women can be a challenge.
Here’s the thing – since women are not just small men, it’s important to learn what works best for females, whether we’re athletes, weekend warriors, or anything in between.
That’s one reason I was so pleased to be a guest on Jules Galloway’s Straight Talking Natural Health podcast to talk about this very thing.
In this episode, we cover nutrition for active women, including:
- What to eat before and after training to feel good and have more energy.
- Whether we should train in a fasted state or eat beforehand.
- Should you use protein powders and if so, which one?
- Pre-workouts – and why they’re on the sh*t list for a lot of women.
- How to protect your adrenals and prevent burnout.
Plus why I truly dislike the word “biohack.”