WHO IS KIRA SUTHERLAND?
Using my 25+ years of clinical experience I have combined my knowledge of Naturopathic medicine with my education in sports nutrition to create a truly wholistic approach to optimising performance for athletes and those striving for optimum health.
Having lectured both within Australia and internationally on all things Naturopathic and sports nutrition. I am passionate about teaching people to take care of their bodies for the long term, not just treating them in the present moment. I believe that the role of a practitioner is to empower and teach her clients to take care of themselves, to give them as much knowledge as possible.
Currently, I live in Australia with my 14-year-old daughter and super-fast age group triathlon husband and am gearing up for another Winter Season in Canada skiing as much as possible!
- IOC Graduate Diploma of Sports Nutrition (International Olympic Committee)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Charles Sturt University)
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- Advanced Diploma of Botanical Medicine
- Diploma of Homoeopathy
- ISAK level 1 certification
- Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (Australia)
- Member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (North America)
BioCeuticals Integrative Medicine Awards – Winner
- Private Practice for 25+ years
- Sessional Lecturer at Endeavour Naturopathic College (Sydney)
- Sessional Lecturer at Torrens University (Sydney)
- Previous Department Head of Nutritional Medicine (Nature Care College, Sydney)
- Writer / Speaker – Sports Nutrition Seminars for Australian Traditional Medicine Society, Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, Biomedica, Flordis, Natex, Filex, Wafic, Health Masters Live, Health @ Work, AIPT, etc.
- Writer / Educator for CEC and CEP courses in Sports Nutrition within the Naturopathic and Personal training industries
- Sports nutrition education for Nordic skiing Supercamps (Silver Star / Sovereign lake, BC Canada)
- 4 part health series for the TV show – Getaway (Channel 9)
- Nutritional Consultant for Biotherm / Lancome Australia
- Consulting, presentations, and workshops for private clients, athletic teams, corporations, magazines, newspapers, and associations.
- Volunteer speaker in sports nutrition –RPA hospital, CanToo sports teams, Nordic ski teams, triathlon, water polo, surf lifesaving, swim squads and rowing teams etc.
- Fx Medicine Podcast: Sports Nutrition & Female vs Male Athletes
- FX Medicine Podcast: Understanding Sports Nutrition
- Love & Guts Podcast: Demystifying Carbohydrates
- The Roaring Heads Podcast: The do’s and don’ts of sports nutrition
- Core Energy Academy: How To Eat To Increase Our Performance
- Rig Radio: Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes
- Love & Guts Podcast: Women Are Not Small Men
- Fit Farmer: Eating right, and celebrating our uniqueness
- Natural Health Fertility: Sports Naturopathy to Advanced Clinical Naturopathic Medicine
- Health Masters Live: Sports Nutrition Masterclass
As a Naturopathic Sports Nutritionist, my work now focuses on:
- Freelance sports nutrition consulting
- Speaking and presenting workshops/lectures
- Training and education for athletes and practitioners
To find out how you can work with me, click here.
Explore my online courses here.
For all media and speaking enquiries, please contact me directly here.