WHO IS KIRA SUTHERLAND?
Using my 25+ years of clinical experience I have combined my knowledge of Naturopathic medicine with my education in sports nutrition to create a truly wholistic approach to optimising performance for athletes and those striving for optimum health.
Having lectured both within Australia and internationally on all things Naturopathic and sports nutrition. I am passionate about teaching people to take care of their bodies for the long term, not just treating them in the present moment. I believe that the role of a practitioner is to empower and teach her clients to take care of themselves, to give them as much knowledge as possible.
Currently, I live in Australia with my 14-year-old daughter and super-fast age group triathlon husband and am gearing up for another Winter Season in Canada skiing as much as possible!
- IOC Graduate Diploma of Sports Nutrition (International Olympic Committee)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Charles Sturt University)
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- Advanced Diploma of Botanical Medicine
- Diploma of Homoeopathy
- ISAK level 1 certification
- Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (Australia)
- Member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (North America)
- Private Practice for 25+ years
- Sessional Lecturer at Endeavour Naturopathic College (Sydney)
- Sessional Lecturer at Torrens University (Sydney)
- Previous Department Head of Nutritional Medicine (Nature Care College, Sydney)
- Writer / Speaker – Sports Nutrition Seminars for Australian Traditional Medicine Society, Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, Biomedica, Flordis, Natex, Filex, Wafic, Health Masters Live, Health @ Work, AIPT, etc.
- Writer / Educator for CEC and CEP courses in Sports Nutrition within the Naturopathic and Personal training industries
- Sports nutrition education for Nordic skiing Supercamps (Silver Star / Sovereign lake, BC Canada)
- 4 part health series for the TV show – Getaway (Channel 9)
- Nutritional Consultant for Biotherm / Lancome Australia
- Consulting, presentations, and workshops for private clients, athletic teams, corporations, magazines, newspapers, and associations.
- Volunteer speaker in sports nutrition –RPA hospital, CanToo sports teams, Nordic ski teams, triathlon, water polo, surf lifesaving, swim squads and rowing teams etc.