WHO IS KIRA SUTHERLAND?
Using my 20+ years of clinical experience I have combined my knowledge of Naturopathic medicine with my education in sports nutrition to create a truly wholistic approach to optimising performance for athletes and those striving for optimum health.
Having lectured both with in Australia and internationally on all things Naturopathic and sports nutrition. I am passionate about teaching people to take care of their bodies for the long term, not just treating them in the present moment. I believe that the role of a practitioner is to empower and teach her clients to take care of themselves, to give them as much knowledge as possible.
Currently I live in Australia with my 13 year old daughter and super fast age group triathlon husband and am gearing up for another Winter Season in Canada skiing as much as possible!
- IOC Graduate Diploma of Sports Nutrition (International Olympic Committee)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Charles Sturt University)
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- Diploma of Botanical Medicine
- Diploma of Homoeopathy
- ISAK level 1 certification
- Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (Australia)
- Member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (North America)
- Senior Lecturer at Nature Care College (Sydney Australia)
- Previous Department Head of Nutritional Medicine (NCC)
- Private Practice for 20+ years
- Lecturer – Awareness Institute (Sydney)
- Writer / Speaker – Sports Nutrition Seminars for Australian Traditional Medicine Society, Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, Biomedica, Flordis, Phytomedicine, Filex, Wafic, Health Masters Live, Health @ Work, AIPT etc.
- Writer / Educator for CEC and CEP courses in Sports Nutrition within the Naturopathic and Personal training industries
- Sports nutrition education for Nordic skiing Supercamps (Silver Star / Sovereign lake, BC Canada)
- 4 part health series for TV show – Getaway (Channel 9)
- Nutritional Consultant for Biotherm / Lancome Australia
- Consulting, presentations and workshops for private clients, athletic teams, corporations, magazines, newspapers and associations.
- Volunteer speaker in sports nutrition –RPA hospital, CanToo sports teams, Nordic ski teams, triathlon, water polo, surf lifesaving, swim squads and rowing teams etc.